Experimenting with stretch

I made a scrappy toddlers quilt and found s super backing print with toadstools on it, only one snag it was in stretch cotton, I bought a couple of yards to experiment.

IMG_3246

I wanted flowers and bees in the quilting I decided to use a couple of pantograps, (self print from http://www.urbanelementz.com) and some freemotion quilting.

I dis 2 rows of flowers, one row of bees and one row of loops to mimic the bees flight then back to 2 rows of flowers and so on.

IMG_3249

IMG_3251IMG_3253IMG_3250IMG_3252IMG_3248

IMG_3247

It quilted up OK with the strech fabric but I did have some issues with the bottom and the edges they did strech a bit and I dont think it would be wise to use stretch cotton for a bigger quilt on the frame, maybe on a sit down machine.

IMG_3256

Such cute toadstools, I had to try.

IMG_3255

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s